
Merlin and Vivien. In a later part of the story, Vivien gets from Merlin a spell for trapping a person inside of a tree, and then she uses it to trap Merlin himself inside a tree, where he remains to this day (according to the story).
Tonight's blog does not require a lot of thinking. Since we're getting used to this book, I wnat you just to figure out with each other just what is going on. The last people to blog might just have to write "I agree with so and so's answer, " or "I think classmate A is partly right, but classmate B is partly right too, because . . . ."
1. Put into your own words what Merlin wants from Uther Pendragon in exchange for getting Uther what he wants.
2. Put into your own words what Merlin's plan (to get Uther what he wants) --his plan so far--is.
3. Explain how the Duke, Igraine's husband, dies.
4. What in this reading causes Igraine to be puzzled?
5. What causes Igraine to feel joyful?
20 comments:
Igraine is very puzzled, because the man she "lay" with couldn't have been her husband, although he appeared to be. She finds out after this night that her husband had died, and so she cannot figure who this man was. She seems to automatically assume that magic played a role, and indeed it did; Merlin himself impersonating a knight, and making the king look like the duke.
It's Hunter!
I'm doing two blogs.
1. Merlin wants the child of Ingraine and Uther in exchange for getting Uther what he wants.
3. The duke dies as follows: he sneaks out of the castle to see what's going on with the king riding from the siege of Tarabil. When the king's army (hooste) sees him, they think it's a state of danger (distressed) and get freaked out, I guess you could say. So, he gets killed by the army. It's really his own fault he gets killed, though, because he was being nosy.
i agree with what hunter is saying about the duke's death....its really hard o understand.....words that we may know the meaning to may wactually have a completely different meanig themselves or in the context ta they are in!!!!!!!!!!
Merlin wants the child in which Uther and Igraine will have when they "lay" together!!!!
Getting married to the man who killed her husband and forced her to "lay" with him makes her happy and joyful????/?????????? these people are kind of wierd!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is she thinking this way??? She just doesn't become happy all of a sudden?????? some of the other characters are like this too....inconstant, unrealistic mood chanegrs....why?????
checking in
Merlin said that he would get Igraine to lay with Uther if he could have the child. I was a little confused on his plan but basically I think that he had uther go to the castle and dress like the Duke. But I am not quite sure. Anywho, Igraine was confused because she thought that it was her husband.
I think this book is very hard to read especially because we are so used to the modern english that we use now and it is kind of like decoding instead of reading... So I might have interpreted things differently....
Anyways, I agree with Hunter about the Duke died and I think that she got what Merlin wants right on the spot.
I kind of remember seeing something like this happen where the woman is still alive and has a baby but the man is dead in Lavinia. The one thing that is different is that Ikraine exactly does not know who she "lay" with so as somepeople have already mentioned, this is the part which makes Ikraine very confused.
By the way I did prompt 4.
I agree with Nami that this book is extremely difficult to understand because of the old english. Nontheless...this is my understanding...
4 and 5:
Igraine is troubled because she doesn't know who the father of her child is. She is a good women, as was mentioned early in this text and she is worried that she has perhaps done wrong by becoming pregnant through a man whom she doesn't even know. She has no real reason to be troubled in that way through because it was really King Uthur that did the wrong in this case. I understand where she is coming from though. I would be worried too if I had thought that I had begot a child through my husband and then found out that it really wasn't him but rather a stranger. She is happy later to find out that the father is the man she is now married too. (King Uthur) I think if I were her I would've gotten mad at King Uthur for deceiving me and causing so much anxiety. But, as she really doesn't have the power to speak up to the King- although she is the Queeen....it is nice for her to know that she has not done anything wrong.
just checking in....
checking in...
Igraine is puzzzzled because she is confused about her child, and whose child it may be. She obviously very worried about have the child, if she doesn't know who's it is. It's understandable. It's a dilema no one wants to get into.
Kudos to Turner.
-Rocco
thank you rocco
checking in
yeh Racael!!!!!! i agree
Checking in.
i agree with alex, i was particurly confused about the dukes death.
i agree with rocco, igraine is stressed out about the father question
Sorry it seems like I was writing Ikraine instead of Igraine... :P I guess I made a mistake mixed with Ukraine!
checking in!
The onlee won Ay culd possiblee ansser is #1. Seeee isn't thees te mowst ennoing thing to reeed?
ok, point made.
Merlin wants in return for making arrangements/magic things happen for the king to sleep with Ingrain, for Merlin to be able to raise their first son, Arthur, by himself.
The other promps I really just didn't pick up. It took me like 20 minutes to read that one page, haha I feel rather stupid. It's just hard caus non of them are real words!
Combo - 4 & 5:
Igraine feels joyful because she has figured out who the father of her child is. When I read the passage describing it I was puzzled because I thought Igraine would be angry that Uther fathered Arthur, as she did not want to "lay with him" before. I don't understand her change of heart. She is puzzled before she finds out who her sons father will be, then joyful when she does.
This is Sofia...
2. Merlin's plan is to basically have King Uther impersonate the duke, and he and Ulfius two knights. As it turns out, Igraine falls for this and ends up marrying King Ulfius after her husband, the duke, dies.
4. Igraine is puzzled because she's not quite sure who she slept with (i.e. who is the father of her child).
Merlin wants Ingraine child for uther to get what he wants
She was confused about her husand because she knew on the inside it wasnr him. Later on that night she discovered his death and that it was a magic trick y merlin
I like the way hunter told how the duke died
(i didnt really comprehend the reading that much I can kid of get it now reading peoples post but I wish I knew It better)
checking in
Post a Comment